We are extremely glad that the Ordinance by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Economic Affairs of Baden-Württemberg on Controlling the Spread of the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in Trade Fairs of 14 July 2020 is allowing trade fairs to be held again in Baden-Württemberg from 1 September 2020 subject to various conditions.
Holding the Internationale Kulturbörse Freiburg on the Messe Freiburg site is subject to the condition that we submit a hygiene plan setting out the necessary precautions we propose to take to comply with hygiene and protection measures for preventing the spread of the coronavirus. The hygiene plan for the IKF is aligned to the stipulations of the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Since experience shows that federal state ordinances and thus the stipulations can change very quickly, we will be presenting the hygiene plan for the 33rd IKF 2021 on the IKF website in November. This will tell you what measures FWTM GmbH & Co.KG, the promoter of the IKF, will be taking to guarantee the safety of visitors, exhibitors, artistes, staff and service providers and to comply with the regulations.
- Hall layout that allows compliance with the distance regulation of at least 1.5 meters between each other
- Separate entrances and exits for visitors to prevent queues and oncoming traffic
- Additional entrances for exhibitors to avoid congestion in the entrance areas
- Full registration of all visitors, exhibitors and service providers, which ensures tracking
- Allocation of visitor tickets to ensure that at no point in time are more people on the site than planned in the concept
- Visitor tickets must be selected for a specific day
- Tickets can only be purchased online
- Requirement for wearing mouth and nose protection, with the exception of the consumption of beverages or food and during sales talks at tables on the respective stands, provided that the distance from other visitors is ensured
- Distance markings in waiting areas, at the inlet / outlet, at the information desk: visual inspection of the face mask
- Sufficient ventilation of the halls and foyer
- Disinfectant dispensers at the entrances and exits, hall crossings, toilet facilities and other places
- Increased cleaning interval for toilets and contact surfaces (such as doorknobs, handrails and switches) on doors, elevators, stairs
- Adapted catering concept according to the requirements of the Corona regulation of the state of Baden-Württemberg
Status: August 15, 2020 - Subject to changes and additions.
The most important information about the IKF in Corona times can be found here.
Status: August 15, 2020 | Subject to changes and additions.
- Social distancing rules
- Visitors information ahead of the IKF
- Entry prohibition
- Entrance and exit situation
- Hygiene regulations and measures
- Face covering
- Sanitary facilities
- Tickets & entry vouchers
- Restriction or refusal of admission
Please keep to the safe distance of 1.5m between persons in all areas of the trade fair site. You should avoid physical contact, especially shaking hands or embracing.
Potential visitors are being provided ahead of the trade fair with conspicuous and clear information via all communication channels and methods (website, FAQs, newsletters, posters, flyers, vouchers, ...) about the changed framework conditions and the measures being put in place as a result. This especially affects the areas of full registration and online advance ticketing (for instance by means of reminder emails regarding the day you have booked your visit to the trade fair).
Visitors and staff who are or have been in contact with a person who is infected with SARS-CoV-2 are not permitted to enter the event grounds if the last contact was fewer than 14 days ago or if they are showing symptoms of a respiratory tract infection or have a high temperature.
Entry to and exit from the trade fair building for visitors and participants will be physically separated. The number and position of entrances and exits will be published by no later than November 2020. All visitors to the trade fair building will be scanned by means of their tickets.
Food and drink will be available on the site. It is not (currently) necessary for contact details to be bindingly provided for the catering stands because of the data already provided on personal registration for ticket purchase. Face coverings do not have to be worn in the area designated for the consumption of food and drinks.
Surfaces and items, especially table surfaces and surfaces with which hands come into contact such as door handles and sanitary rooms will be cleansed and disinfected at regular intervals. Special hygiene measures will be in force especially in individual areas such as toilets and within the queues. Sufficient hand disinfectant dispensers will be available.
Face coverings must be worn at all times inside the Messe Freiburg building. Exceptions are sales conversations where a minimum safe distance of 1.5m is kept to and the consumption of food and drinks at a designated place. Please note that visors alone are not permitted as protection, as they cannot filter the air you breathe. Visors can only be worn as a supplement to the mouthguard as a kind of spitting protection.
Sufficient toilets will be available for use. Sufficient hand washing facilities will be made available in the toilets, including sufficient soap and non-reusable paper hand towels. Hand disinfectant will also be provided. Face coverings must be worn in the queue as well as in the toilet rooms.
Tickets will be sold exclusively online. The tickets will be available for mobile phones enabling admission without physical contact. This means that all those attending the trade fair will be registered and authorised for admission in advance. Registration enables us to make sure that the public health authorities will be able to identify contacts quickly if there is any infection with coronavirus. This form of ticketing is a vital part of our controlling and monitoring of the density of people within an event. The rules for entry vouchers will be following shortly.
Any persons who are unable to show a ticket, exhibitor pass or accreditation for the current day of the trade fair may be refused admission. If the capacity to do so is available, you may register online using your own mobile end device.